Summer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are going to start the prep for the summer house soon and have been considering what to raise it off the floor with

I’ve narrowed it down to two of my preferred options

1- concrete and block padstones hen put a wooden frame onto that

2- make a 2-3 course high rectangle out of engineering bricks then fill with concrete

If I went option 2 does anyone know the footing depth please ?

I like the idea of 2 but I don’t have any access to my rear garden for materials so everything has to go through the house which makes 1 more appealing lol

What are your thoughts please?
Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Are you planning to use the building all year round and therefore need to insulate it?

If so, an insulated slab is better. You don't need to brick around the edges, simply shutter it up while laying the slab. The general guide is dig until solid. An insulated slab will probably need to go down a min of 350mm given you'll have at least a 100mm of polystyrene and 100mm of hardcore plus the screed etc. If you can, go deeper around the edges.

Hi motor biking ,

Yes will be used all year … I was going to insulate between the floor joists but not the slab maybe I’m thinking of it wrong ‍♀️
Thanks
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back