Summer houses / Structures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Great forum, I have a fair few questions and will be asking around with the knowledgable folk on here. I am not a keen DIY'er but after moving to our house last year, I've felt a need to get stuck in rather than wait for tradespeople on everything.

I have the large DIY manual that my wife bought me for Xmas, with a drill too!

Anyway - our garden has a couple of wooden Summer house based structures; one housed a hot tub which I am planning to convert to a mini bar in the garden as it has power already. That is a longer term project (alongside work etc!)

We have a smaller structure in the corner of the garden that has been painted in a weather proof green I think, it has windows and two doors in the garage that need attaching back on. However looking inside the structure, there is examples of the wood coming away in the corners. My plan was to put a new wooden floor over the top - is this plausible?

I can provide pics if necessary.

Also the corrugated roof (plastic) has a small hole and needs replacing, my wife suggested a felt roof. Is this a simple fix to go on instead of corrugated plastic? Or should I just replace the plastic?

The intention is to paint this structure; I used a tester pot of Yellow Dulux outdoor paint and it's not really taken as I'd expect. Do I need to sand it all down? I'd rather just paint over! The paint was going on like the structure was waterproofed (expected).

When I was jet washing the other structure (pool / hot tub) some of the wood was literally just coming away with huge bits of wood washed away. Rot? These are at the base of the structure (either side). Easily replaced? I can provide pics if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back