Summer is nearly over

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Here in the sunny south, I still have begonias, dahlias and roses in bud and in bloom, though flower size and colour and not so good. As I have not yet had any frost I have not cut stuff back yet and filled the compost heap with shreddings.

What's it like round your way?

Sponsored Links
Battening down the hatches already. Everything died or fell off about a month ago at least. Ferns were turning brown first late August...but then we're 600 miles from the south coast and nearly 1000ft ASL so not surprising... had some cracking weekends hillwalking in the last month though, no snow yet!

We've just had three sunny days, so quite pleased. 13C or more during the day, 8C to 13C at night. Lots of green foliage still though the vine is going yellow. I've been expecting some frost to blacken the front garden so I can cut it back and mulch it.

View media item 5710

In saying that I gave the lawn it's last cut of the season today. We haven't had even one hard frost here yet, that is very unusual.
Might have some time to spread some autumn fertiliser yet?

Sponsored Links
pruned the vines today

grass is very long but too wet to cut

Nearly 4pm and still clear and bright here with sun still in view but about to go behind some trees. Comfortable 14C outside

I am 5m ASL

it must be spring here the daffodils are coming up :eek:

Not noticed any yet merlin....but the garden has been amazing, full of colour so late into autumn.
Mid November ....gazanias still in full bloom, also geraniums and fuschias.

Koi carp still feeding well.

Its so mild...hope we don't pay for it with cold weather like we had last year :cry:

My swedes, cabbages, carrots and onions are great.
Still not caught the bl@@dy cat yet...............time for weapons :evil: :evil: :evil:

Still not caught the bl@@dy cat yet...............time for weapons :evil: :evil: :evil:

LOL...how big is your veggie patch ....apparently cats don't like walking on tin foil maybe pin some down if its just one area....other than that get a catapult ...ouch :eek:

Temperature has been between 10C and 12C for a bit with night temperatures not below around 7 or 8 with the odd exception a couple of weeks ago. Approx sea level here with some benefit from the nearby water.

Grass is still growing but will probably stay too wet to cut now. Fuchsias have at last started to shed leaves and flowers though dahlias and chrysanthemums are still doing well. Daffodils coming up all over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back