sump in cellar

M

marsaday

Has anyone put a sump and pump in a cellar.

i have been researching how to create the sump and now know what i need to do.

basically you buy a plastic black bin and place it in the hole you have dug. you place gravel on the bottom of the hole and up the sides of the bin. you concrete the bin in place 6"deep from the top.

question: perforation of the bin allows water to come in, but it will also allow water to exit i reckon. someone has mentioned to me he just cuts a big hole in the bottom of the bin and the water comes in from there.

has anyone got any experience of where to put your holes in the bin - bottom, lots of little ones etc?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello Marsaday,

this is a delayed responce, but hope it helps.

Perforating the sump pump is more for rising water table. If this is what you require then you would really only need to perforate it say the top quarter of the unit.

These give the unit more capacity to handle water coming in and allowing the float switch on the unit to operate.

As you have already wrote, you then backfill with gravel thats larger than the hole that you drilled to allow the water to seep in freely.

They are complete systems now on the market thats pretty much plug&play

Hope this helps

:D

Hello Marsaday,

this is a delayed responce, but hope it helps.

Perforating the sump pump is more for rising water table. If this is what you require then you would really only need to perforate it say the top quarter of the unit.

These give the unit more capacity to handle water coming in and allowing the float switch on the unit to operate.

As you have already wrote, you then backfill with gravel thats larger than the hole that you drilled to allow the water to seep in freely.

They are complete systems now on the market thats pretty much plug&play

See here : http://www.drainage-spammers-online.co.uk/acatalog/SuperSump_Basement_Pumping_Station.html

Hope this helps

:D

Hello, Kes10

If you are going to Spam the site at least learn some basic grammar.

Is not spam, im trying to help! its a topic that interests me. Dont be so rude.

Sponsored Links
Is not spam, im trying to help! its a topic that interests me. Dont be so rude.

Don't be a knob Kes10, you posted the same link here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1620028#1620028 which you've either just removed or has already been removed by the mods! Why don't you spammers actually try and genuinely help someone for a change instead of wasting everybody's time reading your spiel?

I didnt know that was an issue....

Its not like im posting in a basement issue section and trying to promote car insurance.

The post was helpfull, the product was helpfull. ok, so we are all not as clued up with grammer as you. Well done!

amazing!

i didnt know there needed to be a date range on this...its a forum. Not a live show.

There was no other answer to them at all, so it was helpfull to anyone that reads this thread...otherwise what the point in keeping the threads at all ?

If thats the case, then should the forum admin delete posts that are over a week old? otherwise you will be on the case of someone "helping" again.

I am making a valid point, which now you have no answer to.

I apologise if I am not fully "forum" converted like you yet. ermm....really i dont have the time to.

Have fun policing the forum. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back