Sundial Y v Sundial S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Honeywell make a decent one.... then again honeywell make pretty decent everything IMO, except smartfit that is :evil:

I understand it now, it's not really about TRV's
Correct. Please see my post above. And the one on page 2. And page 3. And page 4. And 5. And 6.

if I have 2 2port valves I'm in trouble every time the roomstat says 'shut down son I'm hot' cos the boiler waterjacket will overheat it's contents as the overrun can't clear it hence the need for the ABV :D
You don't "need" an ABV - what's essential is a bypass. However, an automatic one is better than manual because it opens only when the system needs it to, instead of being open all the time.

Sponsored Links
Manual BP NOT recommened by any manufacturer... can be closed in error.

You don't "need" an ABV - what's essential is a bypass.
Don't fall for his argument, berk has decided that the building regs don't have a legal status unless it is stated in the basic document; the APD's (which is effectively the everyday guideline of how to do things) don't apply to him.

In fact, you might find it less confusing if you just click the "ignore" button in one of his posts.
Unless of course you think some fool without a job is just as likely to get it right as a number of people who all earn their living doing this stuff.

by the way you don't need a roomstat either ask goldberk
computer-17.gif

I agree, but it isn't in contravention of The Building Regulations, per se.

if i where you pratt i would shut up now :LOL:

Dear Diyedboy,

Please find below an example of coldberk talking about things he does not really understand. (or maybe better: really doesn't understand)

You don't "need" an ABV -

In that case:
surely you can explain to the op how he can maintain his required delta T of 20 K with a manual bypass.

Cant use manual bypassess no more..... unless Honeywell are lying that is :rolleyes:
Honeywell said:
Building Regulations state that if a bypass is installed, an automatic bypass valve must be fitted.
I suppose it could be that they're lying; it's more likely that the writer went on a course and can't bear to face the fact that he's paid to be misled. It happens a lot.

I suppose it could be that they're lying; it's more likely that the writer went on a course and can't bear to face the fact that he's paid to be misled. It happens a lot.

i suppose you don't need a boiler interlock either then smart mouth ?

Building Regulations state that if a bypass is installed, an automatic bypass valve must be fitted.

Isnt my quote, see Honeywells site ;)

it's more likely that the writer went on a course

Didnt pay a penny for the course ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back