Sunken Bath Install... advice/interest in work??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a re-post as I had an initial response, but no follow up. Please see pics on my album.
I have had an extension built with an en-suite where I specified a vaulted ceiling and raised floor. The builders have supported a raised 18mm ply floor on a frame built with 6x2 timber, with a purpose built space left for the bath to drop into. All supply(flexible) and waste in situ. The bath base will touch the original boarded floor so hole for waste will need to be cut into it. The room below is an undecorated study which can have the ceiling cut into, but only if essential. I am happy to fit out the rest of the bathroom but need someone who can fit the bath properly. I am concerned that the bath will have sufficient support to be stable (and safe) it's acrylic 1800X800 with a virtually (but not totally) flat base.
Is this a job which experienced bathroom fitters on the forum would be confident of taking on?
//www.diynot.com/network/aflemi/albums/

Sponsored Links
I cannot seem to view your pictures??

Going by what you are saying you have done the same as me but my bath is boxed in with legs. If you are laying your bath on the floor i would imagine that you can get away with cutting a larger hole in the 18mm ply and inserting a low profile trap, But the waste pipe needs to go outside at some point you might be lucky by not pulling the ceiling down downstairs, As for the bath staying still maybee you can cut some wood to suit the underside bath profile and use No nails or something..

Hope you understand..

Leigh

Thanks for response, the link to my album should work, it does for me, or if you click on my profile, that should show the album. The waste is already in place underneath the boards, all connected up, it runs in the ceiling void below and is centred for the bath. I actually had the builders construct this to fit the bath. When the bath is in situ it will be supported around the rim by the 18mm ply raised floor (+ allowance for backerboard, ufh, addy + tiles) and the base will touch the floor below but I was hoping for a) suggestions of a more substantial filler/support than gripfill for the base but thanks, it's along the right lines or:
b) a bathroom fitting company with specific experience who may be interested in doing the job.
Appreciate any suggestions.....

the link to my album should work, it does for me, or if you click on my profile, that should show the album.

neither suggestion works.

it is siad that you do not have an album.

your profile says you have one called diynot.

i suggest you delete all your albums and start again

you can then add the pictures to your posts

here is one of mine

View media item 1720
once a pic is in your album you see a diynot BBCode

you copy and paste that into your post

the one for the tin of spam is

[net]1427/1720_26691441.jpg[/nit] the letter i in the bracketed word [/nit] should be an e, but if i did that you would see a tin of spam[/net]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back