Sunvic Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a faulty 2 Port Sunvic either a SZM 1801motorised or Actuator for hot water. Would a Honeywell fit the sunvic fittings. Photo of the Sunvic that is fitted

Sponsored Links
I have a faulty 2 Port Sunvic either a SZM 1801motorised or Actuator for hot water. Would a Honeywell fit the sunvic fittings.

No (TBH I've never tried it, but I'm fairly certain it won't fit; anyone who knows better can contradict me).

If you want to avoid a drain down and refill, get a new actuator or get it repaired by this chap;

http://www.seered.co.uk/sunvic.htm

If you want a Honeywell valve, just buy the whole valve and actuator, or pay someone to fit it for you.

I have a faulty 2 Port Sunvic either a SZM 1801motorised or Actuator for hot water. Would a Honeywell fit the sunvic fittings.

No (TBH I've never tried it, but I'm fairly certain it won't fit; anyone who knows better can contradict me).

If you want to avoid a drain down and refill, get a new actuator or get it repaired by this chap;

http://www.seered.co.uk/sunvic.htm

If you want a Honeywell valve, just buy the whole valve and actuator, or pay someone to fit it for you.

Thank you. Is it possible to leave valve in the open position. I have a timer for hotwater which comes on for 30mins

Sponsored Links
Honeywell should fit in the same position, I swapped a Sunvic 3 way for Honeywell, you will have to change the whole valve though. I used existing nuts and olives from the Sunvic onto the Honeywell without issue to save work. Sunvic's are renowned for being problematic, the Chap behind the seered website has done quite a study on them!

Leaving it open will give you hot water, but you'll lose the thermostatic control on the cylinder, (water may get a lot hotter than usual!), and if CH is running at the same time you may find CH is slow as HW circuit is robbing the flow from boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back