s-plan diagram for mo mo valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Can anyone help me with an s-plan diagram using sunvic szm1801 mo mo valves. I have s-plans for spring return valves v4043h but cant find one for mo mo and there seems to be some difference. I have a conversion chart for replacing sm type actuator with szm but cant find an s-plan for sm actuators to compare.
I am struggling.
Any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Do you mean motor open motor close ? unusual but yes I could give you that but very unusual ?

Yes I do mean motor open motor close and any plan would be appreciated that uses a 2 channel timer, one channelfor heating and one for hot water both with thermostats. The system is working but I am going round in circles with the mo-mos.

If you have motor open motor close then you must have wires from your programmer terminals HW off and CH 0ff to your valves this is possible but very unusual are you sure that this is your set up ?

Sponsored Links
That's motor on, motor off, Ian in Sunvic's case, the motor is de-energised when the valve has finished moving. MO MO technology has motor open and closed without spring return, so the motor can be switched off when open. Industry standard wiring, so no extra connections needed afaik.

That's motor on, motor off, Ian in Sunvic's case, the motor is de-energised when the valve has finished moving. MO MO technology has motor open and closed without spring return, so the motor can be switched off when open. Industry standard wiring, so no extra connections needed afaik.

Sorry Bolshy but how can MO MO work without additionall wiring being present ? ISO wiring gives LNE for the programmer and SW and L so where does the off motor power come from ?

The Sunvic momo valves are a direct replacement for spring return valves. The wiring is the same.

Sorry Bolshy but how can MO MO work without additionall wiring being present ? ISO wiring gives LNE for the programmer and SW and L so where does the off motor power come from ?

I posted a link, did you look at it?

There's live on the grey wire for the end switch - I assume it takes power from there.

All s-plans I have so far seen have output from timer going in to room stat and then in to mo-mo valve. Thats fine and mo-mo operates. But when the thermostat opens the mo-mo closes and has to operate again as soon as the thermostat closes. Thats alot of operations of an already maybe weak valve.
A) is that correct and
B) Any reason why I cant operate the valve directly from the timer and use a relay controlled by the thermostat to operate the boiler.

All s-plans I have so far seen have output from timer going in to room stat and then in to mo-mo valve. Thats fine and mo-mo operates. But when the thermostat opens the mo-mo closes and has to operate again as soon as the thermostat closes. Thats alot of operations of an already maybe weak valve.
A) is that correct and
B) Any reason why I cant operate the valve directly from the timer and use a relay controlled by the thermostat to operate the boiler.

A) yes
B) yes the valve has to open and close for the system to operate correctly not just fire the boiler

Matt

If I operate the valve directly from the timer it would stay open when called for. The boiler would be controlled from the relay and I could take the output from the mo-mo valves internal switch, through the thermostat to control the relay.
Would that be alright.

If I operate the valve directly from the timer it would stay open when called for. The boiler would be controlled from the relay and I could take the output from the mo-mo valves internal switch, through the thermostat to control the relay.
Would that be alright.

nope
The problem is that if the hotwater is in demand then the boiler will be firing and the pump will be running
If the system is wired as you suggest then the central heating thermostat is overridden on every time the hotwater is in demand

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back