Supply crisis: just 27 fuel tanker drivers from EU apply for emergency visas

Sponsored Links
Yes - my bad. Actually, I knew it was but I thought they were itching to be shot of it asap - Id failed to pay attention to the plans for Great British Rail. Which I believe are a bit light on the details of how investment programmes like the one big-all calls for will be organised?

But yeah, some sort of arms-length public ownership.

However, govts are often even worse at strategic investment planning - if it doesnt pay off before the next GE they dont want to know.

And as soon as I wrote that I thought "its all irrelevant anyway".

Strategic.

With the push to get everybody out of ICE cars, nobody is going to invest in more efficient fuel delivery infrastructures, nor should they.

Now we're 40 years on we need a new plan

Post war we had more enligghted leaders, we got the NHS and the welfare state as well as the Marshall Plan.

Unfortunately our leaders today are short on policy but long on slogans. They will double down on what has worked for them - so expect ever rising house prices and new schemes for first time buyers to prop the market up. NHS services will continue to be cut and privatised.

The public really do like punching themselves in the face again and again.

If you want a new economic model then it has to incentivise certain behaviours over others - the problem with that is it conflicts with the free market consumerism approach.

Last edited:
Post war we had more enligghted leaders, we got the NHS and the welfare state as well as the Marshall Plan.

Unfortunately our leaders today are short on policy but long on slogans. They will double down on what has worked for them - so expect ever rising house prices and new schemes for first time buyers to prop the market up. NHS services will continue to be cut and privatised.

The public really do like punching themselves in the face again and again.

If you want a new economic model then it has to incentivise certain behaviours over others - the problem with that is it conflicts with the free market consumerism approach.

there is no democracy, that’s the problem.

Tory party policy is driven by self interest and interests of their backers.

Labour Party can’t win unless they aren’t a threat to the city and the wealthy.

The only hope is a Labour victory which leads to them ending FPTP….then finally we will have some grown up coalitions.

Sponsored Links
upload_2021-10-7_18-24-35.png

upload_2021-10-7_18-26-22.png

there is no democracy, that’s the problem.

Tory party policy is driven by self interest and interests of their backers.

Labour Party can’t win unless they aren’t a threat to the city and the wealthy.

The only hope is a Labour victory which leads to them ending FPTP….then finally we will have some grown up coalitions.

The problem with that is FPTP works for the two major parties. Labour doesnt mind being the oppositing and getting back in power every 2 decades. FPTP benefits two parties - Tories and SNP so they have no interest in making changes, also for Labour to enact changes they have to win using the FPTP system and then scuttle it.

We are locked into this horrible system, election reform has to be separate from whoever is running the country.

There was a shell depot half a mile from my house. Right on a railway.
It was sold off for housing.

Emily Thornberry was on the Andrew Marr show after Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng lied about "close negotiations with the Treasury" and Marr tried to close her down.
In fact, The Dept of Energy and Climate Change, set up to look at strategic building of power infrastructure and stocks of fuel, was closed down by the Tories under May.

Kwartang lied and his untruth was shown by the Treasury
A Treasury source has told the BBC Mr Kwarteng was "mistaken," adding "the Treasury and the chancellor have not been in any talks"

Kwartang lied and his untruth was shown by the Treasury
A Treasury source has told the BBC Mr Kwarteng was "mistaken," adding "the Treasury and the chancellor have not been in any talks"
You mean one Tory cabinet minister is trying to blame another for a mess?
Tory party coming apart at the seams, and BJ is on holiday.

Let's blame Corbyn. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back