Supply crisis: just 27 fuel tanker drivers from EU apply for emergency visas

Some of the working condition problems are not fixable by the industry.

https://roadstars.mercedes-benz-tru...truck-parking-in-the-uk-a-looming-crisis.html

truck stops and service stations are privately funded and owned.

Why would they build a truck stop on land that they can put 500 houses on and earn 100 times the money.

The motorways aren't to bad, generally have good service and lay over areas, it's down roads like the a1m it's an issue, and as in the article around towns and cities.

I feel for London lorry drivers, it can take a whole 8 hour shift just to travel a few miles in the centre.

Sponsored Links
Why doesn't the government build more railways.
Trains can carry tons more stuff than lorries.
What about these self driving vehicles.

How would you use trains to supply petrol stations and supermarkets?

Sponsored Links
How would you use trains to supply petrol stations and supermarkets?
local oil sidings perhaps every 35-50 with a lorry doing say 5 trips a day to local garages rather than one or two from a oil source 100-125 miles away

Just as well he's not designing to get all those damned foreigners out of the great British NHS, in order to produce a high wage economy. Depriving business of cheap foreign labour via tighter immigration, would see lot of people die.
Watch out for it though - those oldies in hospitals are costing too much with their un-leveled healthcare and pensions, they could do with a cull.

truck stops and service stations are privately funded and owned.

Why would they build a truck stop on land that they can put 500 houses on and earn 100 times the money.

The motorways aren't to bad, generally have good service and lay over areas, it's down roads like the a1m it's an issue, and as in the article around towns and cities.

I feel for London lorry drivers, it can take a whole 8 hour shift just to travel a few miles in the centre.

So Market failure then.

The offer of 5000 visas was designed to fail.

The govt only did it so that when it failed, they could blame the road haulage association and haulage businesses “we did what you asked, it’s your fault you couldn’t recruit”

This is a disgusting govt, it plays childish games. All it has is spin and lies to keep the Brexit failure hidden.

FA7zUZSXMAYyFCe.jpg

What crisis? I went past three fuel stations today and just normal traffic in them. Send those 27 fat smelly foreign lorry drivers back home I say!

The offer of 5000 visas was designed to fail.

The govt only did it so that when it failed, they could blame the road haulage association and haulage businesses “we did what you asked, it’s your fault you couldn’t recruit”

This is a disgusting govt, it plays childish games. All it has is spin and lies to keep the Brexit failure hidden.

The games work, the lies work. 85 seat majorities work. The question is what damage will be done whilist they are in power.

From Immigrants, to low paid to those on benefits to those in public service they will always aim their ire at something and their supporters will lap it up.

It was always going to be quickly resolved, the whole thing was probably orchestrated to change immigration rules without upsetting too many people ...

What crisis? I went past three fuel stations today and just normal traffic in them. Send those 27 fat smelly foreign lorry drivers back home I say!
its a shame really you have now placed yourself in a position where your contributions will probably be automatically dismissed as without merit or value because off the comments above ??

Sponsored Links
Back