Suprima 30. Radiators okay but no hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I had some awful problems with this boiler until I read on here that it could be a PCB so I bought one, fitted it and it has worked great since(6 months).

Until I went away this week.

I left the house on Monday and turned the thermostat down in the living room so that when the heating came on there would be no demand.

Came back yesterday day and switched the thermo back up, went for a shower but no hot water.

Switched the thermostat back down and put the hot water on for one hour - still freezing cold out of the tap and obviously the tank was also cold.

Then I noticed that the radiators were still boiling hot.

It seems that even with the CH switch in the off position and the HW switch on that the boiler still heats up radiators but not hot water.

Is there some sort of diverter valve or something completely different?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
I would say the diverter valve, usually nxt to cylinder, is suck in the CH position.

This is gonna sound stupid but do you mean my hot water tank when you say cylinder?.....or is this part of the boiler downstairs?

Also, can it be fixed by me or will I need to get someone out.

I'm a service engineer by trade but within high pressure air, not plumbing. :confused:

Find your pump (probably in the airing cupboard and follow the pipe from it. You should find a 3 port mid position valve. It may be the synchron motor in it that needs replacing, the actuator head or the complete valve. Replacing most actuator heads is a dry job. A picture would help identify what you have. There is no restriction to you working on this part of your system and if you managed to change your own PCB (which you should not have), you should manage fine.

Sponsored Links
I found it yesterday after a quick chat to a plumber friend whose advice was to "give it a tap and see if it works"......it did, and is working fine now.

The PCB was very easy to change, I can't understand why I should not have done it........then again the rules are there to protect folk I s'pose.

Cheers for the advice fellas.

Mick

In order to change the PCB you need to open the combustion chamber seal. The PCB controls the gas valve and settings need checking afterwards. You obviously managed the job safely and things are fine but if everyone was allowed to do this type of thing something would eventually go wrong with potentially dire consequences. The regulations are there to protect the public from themselves and from cowboys.

Sorry about the lecture, glad you sorted out out your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back