Suprima 60L no hot water boiler fires up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suprima 60L boiler fires up, external pump is running, pipes getting hot but pipe to the hot water storage tank about 4ft way is not hot.
Pipe to expansion vessel hot, pressure is ok.
What should I be looking for?

Sponsored Links
Motor valve is not opening to the HW circuit.

Tony

Have open that manually, also tried selecting heating.
The boiler is showing red on, green slow flashing, according to the instructions I think that means the 'boiler' is up to temp.

The boiler is up to temperature but the flow is not getting to the HW.

Eiher the MV is closed or the pump is not working or there is a blockage.

I would expect that you have not correctly assessed the senario.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pump is running.
I have tried turning hot water off & select heating on. Its still the same ie boiler fires up for a few seconds then red light on with green flashing.
Could this be the pcb fault that I have been reading about, boiler is about 7yrs old.

Agile..I opened the bleed screw on the pump, lots of steam & gurgling, then I got central heating.
The Honeywell motorised valve, it has a slider 1 end auto the other to a manual position, is that manual position for hot water or heat?

update
Agile---I keep opening/closing the m/v & bleed the pump again. Switched all off the re-started, seems ok now, have adjusted the cylinder stat up & down & the boiler is firing as I would expect.
So my thinking is as you said originaly, many thanks.
Steve

Have open that manually, also tried selecting heating.
The boiler is showing red on, green slow flashing, according to the instructions I think that means the 'boiler' is up to temp.

Power to switch live but stat set to Off;Faulty sensor; Faulty PCB. - Set boiler to MAX, change Sensor finally the dreaded board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back