SUPRIMA 80 and TIMER QUESTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help me here:

Gas heating/hot water has been on and off lately - usually when I am away travelling with work (ironically I run a charity to inspire kids to be engineers and rocket scientists but can't work out my own heating system - LOL!!! )

Before you say anything we've ha da few new PCB's so I'm not sure it's that

Been confused this week as someitmes it's worked, then the boiler has been on, but the pump is not coming on so no heat/hot water. Wife going spare and of course her mum is coming tomorrow!

Just powered it down and up and it goes to a steady orange light, bolier doesn't light and pump stays off which for starters isn't an option in the fault finding flow chart

I suspected the controller so had that off the wall and shorted (via a multimeter) the live to the CH on terminal - tiny spark, bit of current but nothing.

When I short the live to the HW on the bolier springs to life, pump comes on and away we go

What I don't understand is why doing this on the CH doesn't fire it up.

THE BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS... is the fault most likely to be with the bolier PCB or the controller/timer whch is 23 years old now.

A clunckly digital Horstman thing

Grateful for any help.

Also if anyone can give me a list of all the light colour codes as I can't find a list of all of them anywhere

And will buy beers if a call is needed - depserate to sort this as I have to go to Weston Super Mare tomorrow to build a 100m tall gas rig from cardboard with a bunch of kids who can barely hold a pair of scissors - that the real challenge in my life!

Cheers... NIck

P.S: If you're an F1/McLaren fan and interets in the crazy stuff I get up to check this film out here: http://bit.ly/sponsorsxfilm

100m tal loil rig? Check this out: https://bit.ly/SCORK23looknorth

Attachments

• SCOLF23 OSM SS22 CGI Lakefest OurSeeMonster.jpg
    SCOLF23 OSM SS22 CGI Lakefest OurSeeMonster.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
Is it S plan (2 x zone valves ) or Y plan (1 x 3 port mid position valve) ?

Sponsored Links
Yes will be that they default to HW only that is why it is working on HW and not CH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back