Suprima 80 HE wont switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I switch the power on to the Timer Controller/Programmer (a potterton EP2002) the boiler starts straight up and heats up the hot water and central heating. I thought it could be the controller (the sliders to set off, once, twice, on for HW and CH are apparently prone to failure after a number of years) so bought and fitted a brand new one. As soon as I powered it up to set the clock programme the timings, the boiler fired up. Thermostat in another room is set to off (re-assuring click proving it still works).

It must be the boiler therefore as it is not reacting to the on/off signal from the controller but is going striaght into on mode as soon as it gets power. There are no faults indicated on the front panel however.

The only way to get hot water and/or central heating is to power the controller off and on. Trouble is that the boiler just goes for it full tilt so to get hot water to bath the children, the house cooks as the central heating is on full bore. (I realise I can go round each radiator and turn them down)

Does anyone have an idea what could have failed here and the likely repair required (and idea on costs?). I would like to have a pretty good idea before calling in a boiler repair person.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back