Heating probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's. Not long moved into our new house and switched on the c/h for the first time. Problem. potterton ep2002 programmer and potterton boiler, honeywell thermostat. central heating will only work if the hot water is set to on. if i turn the central heating off the rads still get hot unless i turn the stat right down. Is this a wiring fault in the programmer?
The programmer is set to full pump which is where it should be. Any advise is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is Avanda not the diabetic medicine that has been removed from the system?

Check if you have two motorised valve or one with three connections. Could be motorised valve problem. Boiler model would help.

Is Avanda not the diabetic medicine that has been removed from the system?

Check if you have two motorised valve or one with three connections. Could be motorised valve problem. Boiler model would help.

Thanks for getting back to me, The boiler is supreme 40. Sorry for being a bit dim but where would these valves be situated? by the way it's AVANDIA.

Sponsored Links
The boiler is supreme 40.
suprima :?:

valves may well be in the airing cupboard with the pump and cylinder :idea:

Many thanks. found Valve in cupboard under false floor along with pump.
Potterton mpe322. Has a slide control on the side which feels like it is doing nothing. unsrewed the top and can manually turn the valve at ease.
Would this be the first thing to change? greatful for your help.

Valve is prone to failure, in the Baxi days I would change these like suprima boards.

Some systems are set up like this - the assumption being that if you are in the house and want central heating, then you will want hot water anyway. Is it working OK otherwise?

Some systems are set up like this - the assumption being that if you are in the house and want central heating, then you will want hot water anyway. Is it working OK otherwise?

Seems okay otherwise, dowstairs rads not as hot as upstairs,Also hot water flow downstairs is very slow. (pump?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back