Suprima HE.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've got a 16 year old Suprima HE boiler. Just recently it started locking out with an air pressure fault (not switch). Out of the three lights on the unit the far left light illuminates solid red. When cold it runs for up to 45 minutes, but once its hot it locks out every 5/10 minutes. I had a local gas safe engineer out to service it and try and sort the fault out. I've used this engineer a few times in the past and he's always been spot on. He serviced it and said the fan and air pressure switch were all fine. He then went on to say that unless he saw the fault happen he'd be unable to sort it. I told him that it runs for a while and locks out, not much to it really, it doesn't make any weird noises. The gas pressure coming in to the house was low so he got SGN out and they replaced the regulator on the meter.
So it's been serviced but still locks out.
Any ideas? I'm no gas safe engineer but know how a screwdriver works.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back