Potterton suprima - inconsistent lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice appreciated for this thread, Potterton suprima 80l started failing to light and got worse over time, insurance replaced gas valve, then wouldn’t run for more than 30-45 minutes then the same lighting issue. I can see the electrode sparking from the window and the boiler runs up to this point before locking out after 5 or so attempts. Insurance now saying it’s a circulation issue. However now the boiler is locking before it lights back to the same issue as before. Lights sometimes like 1 in 20 times.

Sponsored Links
If it’s a circulation issue, are the insurance company not dealing with it? Perhaps get Baxi out under a fixed price repair, or get someone who knows this boiler/how to fault find.

No insurance is emergency only, they see this as a maintenance issue. I was wondering if this is a circulation issue error as I am going to pay to get someone to flush my system.

Hard to tell without knowing more details or being in front of it. Maybe one of the more experienced and Baxi experts can help you, if not, as I mentioned, get an engineer familiar with that particular boiler.

Sponsored Links
When you say "locking out " what exactly do you mean, what is the "lockout display " showing ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Try turning the boiler thermostat to about half way, does it still keep locking out ? I think your boiler maintenance company have got it wrong, I doubt if a flush will do anything for your boiler, where did they take the water samples from ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It locks out quicker on when on full thermostat. On half it will lock out after 20 minutes. They used a thermal camera on the radiators and did a magnet test. Didn’t take any water samples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back