surecell/sureset resin bound driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have been looking at the sure set website tonight as I quite fancy a resin bound drive way.

At the moment I just have stone with out much base so I quite like the look of the sure cell base which is interlocking plastic.

What would be the generic name for such a base?
Has anyone any experience of laying such a drive.?

I have laid plenty of concrete bit just think a nicer finish and remains permeable.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks mark

Sponsored Links
Looks expensive. Do you need a fully permeable system? Could just dig out, lay geotextile, type 3 stone sub base and blind off put resin bound down. Imo the grid is unnecessary for a resi drive.

I have laid resin bound before, I really would not suggest laying the resin onto type 3 for a driveway unless you are laying it very deep. The grid system are a cheaper alternative than doing tarmac, and would give you a proper job, or just use the grid system and fill it back up with your stone, job done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back