Surface Mounted Back Box 3 Gang - Split Double / Single

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a 3 Gang Surface mounted Back Box on the Market which allows the fitting of a Double Socket and a Single Socket ?
Or 3 Single Sockets?

Like The Dual Boxes that are available.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if there is a 3 Gang Surface mounted Back Box on the Market which allows the fitting of a Double Socket and a Single Socket ? Or 3 Single Sockets? Like The Dual Boxes that are available.
I personally haven't even seen one for 3 singles, let alone a double+single, but maybe others have. If one is happy with the appearance of surfaces boxes, then having two or more butted up against one another doesn't, at least in my opinion, look significantly worse than a 'combined' one would.

Kind Regards, John.

No such thing/s, the closest you can get is a triple socket that fits on a twin flush box.
... or indeed, a triple socket on a triple surface box. However, triple sockets are fused to a maximum load of 13A for all three socket outlets, which I guess is probably the reason wht the OP wants a double+single (unless, of course, they are to be on different circuits).

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I actually want it so that I can re-mount the double socket and fit a Fused Spur into the Single, for an outside light.
In that case, as I said, I think your only choice would be to have a double and a single back box next to one another. Either that or 'downsize' from a double socket to a single socket and use a 'dual' surface box.

Kind Regards, John.

I feared that would be my only option. Who manufactures the conversion boxes, from double flush to triple surface, do you know?
I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but I imagine that there are multiple manufacturers - but would one of those help you, anyway? Is the present double socket flush or surface mounted?

Kind Regards, John.

The current socket is flush, but the wall/ plaster condition around it is poor and the back box isn't deep enough for any additional wiring. ( In fact I don't think it's deep enough for what' sin there now ) Fitting a surface mount over it seemed the best solution.

The current socket is flush, but the wall/plaster around it is poor and as the existing box isn't deep enough, the flush mounted box seemed the best solution.

Sorry for this double post, connection went down and I repeated, only to find I'd duplicated and don't know how to delete it now !!! :(

The current socket is flush, but the wall/ plaster condition around it is poor and the back box isn't deep enough for any additional wiring. ( In fact I don't think it's deep enough for what' sin there now ) Fitting a surface mount over it seemed the best solution.
OK. Unless you're prepared to do battle with the wall/plaster (which would obviously be the 'proper' solution), I think you're probably stuck with the options I've already sugegsted.

Kind Regards, John.

Sorry for this double post, connection went down and I repeated, only to find I'd duplicated and don't know how to delete it now !!! :(
It happens to all of us, quite often! In this forum, you can't delete the message. The nearest equivalent you can do is 'edit away' all of the content (and replace it with some apologetic comment!).

Kind Regards, John.

You can click the Alert Moderators link, explain what happened, and ask them to delete it.

IIRC there used to be a feature that if you replaced a post with just :oops: it would automatically get deleted, but I think that's gone now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back