Surfaces on which cats will not crap!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hia

We are getting a large chunk of our garden dug up (it is on a slope and I want some flat) I don't want to lay a patio as sometime in the long term future I plan to extend the house so its not worth the expense.

Is there any surface that anyone knows of, stones or bark type stuff that the cats will keep clear of? I have 2 small children and one due in 6 weeks. Next door has around 7 cats, I HATE them!!!!! God I am going to have to stop myself ranting on about having to pick up other peoples cat crap.

I could turf it but thought some kind of stones would be more practical.

Thanks in advance!

Lucy

Sponsored Links
stones only make the obvious harder to see.

get a cat scarer, several people on this forum seem to like thme

Cat's (being tidy and hygenic creatures) like to dig a hole. So a loose material they can dig a hole in will be attractive to them.

In the Batman films you may have noticed that Catwoman carries a small spade in her utiity belt :LOL:

We obviously have some cat lovers here!

The cats living near me are neither clean nor hygenic nor do they bury their mess, quite often they just do it on our grass, thats why I find it so annoying!

Sponsored Links
Buy a cat of your own. It will defend its territory and keep the other cats out, and you can teach it to use a discrete patch of ground behind a bush which you can fork over to loosen the soil, it will then dig its own holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back