Surrey Flange advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

After installing a pump to supply my hot water around my house and the shower i ordered a Surrey Flange which ive just read and would like some advice.

I bought this...

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/421901

Basically i have a vented gravity fed system, so my hot water feed comes out of the top of my hot water tank then into a tee piece. One pipe goes into the loft and back into the cold water tank. The other, goes down under the floor to my hot feeds around the house.

Ive just realised the Surrey Flange has 2 outlets. 1 is the 'normal vented outlet' and the second is 'air free outlet'. The 'air free outlet' is supposed to be connected directly to the shower feed and the 'normal vented outlet' to the hot taps.

Because ive pumped my entire hot water feed, is it correct to connect my hot water to the 'air free outlet' then the pipe going into the loft into my cold water tank as the vent to the 'normal vented outlet'?

Hope that makes sense.

Also how much difference do these flanges actually make? I do notice slight fluctuations in temperature when im in the shower. This could be due to air, but could also be simply due to the fact its pumped?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I dont want to start re-plumbing things for no benefit.

Sponsored Links
spot on dan,

thanks.

didnt want to butcher my plumbing and it make no difference!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back