Surrey flange (possibly the silliest question ever...)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK chaps and chapesses,
Possibly the silliest question ever (but please bear with me....)
I've just bought a Surrey Flange (Biworld Evolve) and it comes with a yellow plastic 'stopper' at the end of the copper uptake tube. Does this plastic bit need to removed prior to fitting or is it all part of the flange?
Serious answers and p!ss takes equally welcomed!
Many thanks, SJ

Sponsored Links
Its not the silliest but taking the yellow stopper out would be!

No, leave it in it helps reduce air.

Hi suzie
I hope your not that 30 stone naked guy sitting at his computer writing
"Hi, I am a sixteen year old girl" :eek: anyway the yellow thing is part of the valve, its to stop air entering the hot water pipes/pump.

Its not the silliest but taking the yellow stopper out would be!

No, leave it in it helps reduce air.

Cheers for this. I thought it should be left in but one never knows.....

PS 3 cheers for Excel Plumbing Supplies in Reading. I asked them loads of silly questions and they didn't even get a teeny-weenie bit fazed!

Sponsored Links
Hi suzie
I hope your not that 30 stone naked guy sitting at his computer writing
"Hi, I am a sixteen year old girl" :eek: anyway the yellow thing is part of the valve, its to stop air entering the hot water pipes/pump.

No... Not 30 stone, and deffo NOT naked! Suzie Jarvis is the nickname my old man gave me when I was a kid. (TBH, actual nickname was Sexy-Suzie-Jarvis and no, I've no idea why...) I'm 60kg, 48 years young, out of practice when it comes to DIY (too many years off the tools and behind a desk), and really grateful that this forum exists so that plebs like me can ask stupid questions and get some useful advice and tips.

The yellow plastic thingy is now firmly esconced in the copper uptake tube (as the bishop said to the actress...)

9 and a half stone aint to bad (as long as you aint 3 feet tall) glad to hear your flange is properly ensconced (as the bishop said ect...)

fnar fnar was a catch phrase of Finbar Saunders and his double entendres from Viz

its like nudge nudge wink wink say no more

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back