surround problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently have cleaned up my system wiring to my TV and put it into trunking etc.

To do this I disconnected the surround and all other wiring.

Whe eventually I re-connected everything the surround does not work .

It is connected to the TV by a 2 pins on the side of the TV and 2 into the side of the box of the surrond system on the DVD connectors as it was before, but no sound comes out.

Question-- What is the problem ??

Sponsored Links
It is connected to the TV by a 2 pins on the side of the TV and 2 into the side of the box of the surrond system on the DVD connectors as it was before
I don't understand this. Please describe all the connections using conventional terminology.

Make sure that you haven't run mains power cables alongside signal cables.

It is connected to the TV by a 2 pins on the side of the TV and 2 into the side of the box of the surrond system on the DVD connectors as it was before, but no sound comes out.

I'm guessing that you mean you connect the RCA audio out (red/white, L&R) jacks on your TV to identical RCA audio input jacks on your surround sound system ?

First thing to check is that you've used the correct sockets. Your TV may also have RCA audio INPUT jacks in combination with component inputs - make sure you aren't using these.

Also - does your surround sound system have more than one set of inputs ? If so, make sure you've selected the correct source on the amp to match the input used.

Sorry if this all sounds obvious, but better to get the easy stuff out of the way first !

Photos may be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back