surround sound

spx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know this isn't a pc problem but was hoping someone could help.

I used to have a 36" crt tv with surround sound built in so if I played a dvd, xbox or sky everything was in surround sound.

Just upgraded the tv to a 50" plasma with no surround sound built in so bought a home cinema system. Unfortunatly only the dvd player is in surround sound.

How do I get it to play surrond sound with my xbox, sky and the dvd player without swapping all the cables all the time.

Tv - Panasonic TH50PX70PED
Cinema system - PANASONIC SCPT850EB HTK

Thanks in advance
shaun.

Sponsored Links
my AV receivers have Dolby decoder for sound - you put in two inputs for stereo, and it turns out 5+1 amplified speaker channels. Doesn't yours do that? it is terrific with TV progs like the Simpsons which are heavily coded with effects.

They also have fake surround processors for non-surround sources, and some silly effects like concert hall, jazz cellar etc. but I never use these

Your TV should have stero output phono sockets for sound. On some Panasonics they are at the front under a cover. You can use a Scart cable which has phono plugs on the other end.

the DVD player has 5+1 outputs I think, but I don't use them, I use the TV as the source so it works whether I am playing DVD or broadcast or cable input on the TV

Hi john,

So you would connect the sky, xbox and dvd player to the tv, then run a stereo rca from the tv into the input on the cinema system?

yep

you only want to hear what the TV is showing.

Sponsored Links
Cool, cheers John,

Thats exactly what I want to do.

Ta mate! :D

Back