Samsung cinema system sound problems HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then I’m having problems setting my fathers Samsung LE52M8 TV, HT-TX35 cinema system and sky box.
Right, I’ve connected the sky box to the TV via the scart and then connected the sky box to the cinema system with scart. Then I have used an audio cable from the sky box “audio out” to the cinema system “AUX In2”.
Now I have followed the instruction and set the cinema system to receive the audio from AUX In 2 but I cant get any sound through it when watching normal programs. The surround sound works fine when playing movies through the DVD player but I can’t seem to get the normal TV sound to come through from the sky box.

Can anyone suggest some ideas to look at before I put a hammer to it?

Sponsored Links
I recommend you play the sound through the TV (not the source) that way you will hear whatever you are watching (whether TV, DVD, Sky, whatever).

So disconnect the Sky/AV SCART and just use TV out/AV In.

have you connected the audio on phono to phono from the sky box to the cinema system and enabled aux in 2 on the cinema system to stereo as opposed to 5.1

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by "normal"? The aux 2 input of the cinema system should produce the sound from the Sky box when it's selected as the source.

You don't need any other cables unless you require the TV sound ( non sat ) to play through your cinema system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back