no surround sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I havent had my TV hooked up to surround sound for ages since i lost speaker cable connectors while decorating and maybe ive not connected correctly anyway...

the S/S is ok when playing cd's/dvd's but not thru TV

I have a scart from DVD player to TV at the back of the DVD there are
loads of female connectors showing audio in 2 reds and 2 whites

at the back of the sky box i have the same

at the back of the KDL 40ex 503 TV i have 2 green ( p/b cb and p/b cr ) and also 2 white and 2 red audios so do i need to buy some cables to connect whatever to whichever :) Thanks P M

EDIT oh dear should have posted in Audio/ visual will some clever person please move it for me :oops:

Sponsored Links
Are you using a separate surround sound amplifier?
If so, each source (Sky Box, DVD Player etc) needs to be connected to the relevant input on the amplifier or Surround Sound supply unit.
It's the source that gives the audio track rather than the TV which in most cases, for all intents and purposes, is a visual display unit only.

Example, I use a Yamaha RX amplifier. My DVD player is connected to the TV via HDMI that runs in through the amp, so HDMI from DVD to Amp and then HDMI from amp to TV... so I get audio and video.
Sky box is connected to the amp via optical cable to the amp and SCART to the TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back