suspended ceiling in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upgrading the garage to a part laundry area and garaging
i chose an armstrong system and tiles, some trimming was needed around a pier and access to electrics. i fitted 3 downlilghters with led's. i reinforced the tiles where they were to go with 9mm ply as the springs which hold them into the tiles might crush them...they are quite strong springs and i fixed them up with some wire so i could unload the springs from above to avoid any damage. 10.jpg 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG

i made a basic error by not setting out the ceiling about both centre lines and started at one end which gave some edge finishing problems, which i was lucky to overcome.
i bought the minimum of tiles+2 (24) which was a mistake as well as a few broke but i was able to use them in the trimming around the pier and electrical equipment.
the armstrong system prelude 24 i used and was glad that they had punched the main tees for cross tees at 100mm crs which made trimming easy to do using offcuts.
wont do it again though, it was a bit of a task and the space between the old trusses and the new ceiling 100mm recommended was tight to fit the tiles and do the wiring
its now finnised, and my wife is pleased with the utility area. with some insulation later and closing seals to add to the garage up and over door we shouldnt have the same draughts that we got this last winter from the "beast from the east"..pics are self explanatory i guess..the upload limit is 10 so i put the last 4 on the next post
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
the other pics

Attachments

• d.JPG
    d.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 245
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 252
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 232
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 236

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back