Suspended ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 room, 5.5m x 4m and 2.6m x 4m which I am interested in putting a suspended ceiling in (ceiling tiles type).

Has anyone tried this? Is it easy?

Does anyone know of online suppliers that sell direct (i.e. not fit)?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Fairly easy to do.

You start with a L-shape length on the wall all round level with screw/plugs then you fit the internal length into the pre-slot which allocated for 1200m or 600mm, not sure if it's still the same as I've done mine approx' 15yrs ago. The internal bar length are supported by using wire & hook onto the ceiling joists.

Not sure about online ordering but my local shop still sell them for supply only, If interested, I will look up the phone number but I think you need to see the type of ceiling they do. They may have a website so I don't know.

Hi Masona,

thanks for the speedy reply.

That's reassuring, the one I've looked at is a 600x600mm one, and a rough estimate is £290 for the large room and £90 for the smaller room. That sound reasonable? I'll have to look around locally for some suppliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back