Switch heads on bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased this Swirl Magellan bath mixer tap from screwfix to replace an identical broken tap. I've noticed that the Hot and Cold tap heads are on the opposite sides. I don't want to start changing all the piping, so assume there is a simple way to switch the tap "heads".

Can anyone describe if/how this can be done?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, the indices are "carved" into the tap heads, so can't be removed. If possible, I assume the whole tap head would need to be removed, but not sure how to do that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks nflowers, looks promising.

Unfortunately, the screwfix link to confirm the taps are the same as mine is no longer available, but certainly based on the name they would appear to be the same taps. On purchasing I did interrogate the taps up close, but didn't notice any separation, so I'm not convinced the top part of the tap head is detachable. If it is, it's brilliantly hidden! I'll have a closer look tonight. Fingers crossed.

Checked the taps last night and I'm embarrassed to say it was soooo easy to switch the hot and cold tap tops over. The top part of each tap head simply screwed off anticlockwise and could then be switched over. The reason I hadn't noticed the "break" was because it is cleverly designed to fit at the first "nobbly bit".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back