Switch Wiring

S

Shutpa

One of the rockers came adrift from neighbours 2 gang switch one of which is a 2 way. Behind the switch in the box, there are terminal blocks with cables isolated and on the reverse of the switch between the common terminals of the two switches, there is a piece of flex connecting both and also a red (live?) connected to one of the common terminals. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that the wiring of such a double switches should be completely independent of each other and that 'flex' should never be used on 'permanent' house wiring.

Sponsored Links
No, nothing wrong with one line(live) supplying two switches.
The neutrals (at the lights) must also be of the same circuit (nowadays).

Using flex is not wrong, per se, but it is not advisable to have solid and stranded cores in the same terminal
although unlikely to be a problem in a light switch.

No, nothing wrong with one line(live) supplying two switches.
The neutrals (at the lights) must also be of the same circuit (nowadays).

Using flex is not wrong, per se, but it is not advisable to have solid and stranded cores in the same terminal
although unlikely to be a problem in a light switch.
Thanks for the quick reply. Have passed on the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back