replacing double switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my double one way dimmer switch with a double rocker switch. The new switch has the following terminals for each rocker. com, L1 & L2. I tried to copy what terminals were used on the dimmer but it doen't work. The wires I have are one red, one blue (red sleeve), one yellow (red sleeve)one earth wire connected to switch box. There is also a short piece of red wire which previosly connected one switch to other. Any advise, gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I am replacing my double one way dimmer switch with a double rocker switch. The new switch has the following terminals for each rocker. com, L1 & L2. I tried to copy what terminals were used on the dimmer but it doen't work. The wires I have are one red, one blue (red sleeve), one yellow (red sleeve)one earth wire connected to switch box. There is also a short piece of red wire which previosly connected one switch to other. Any advise, gratefully received.

sounds like this is the 3 core from the other switch on a 2 way switching system make sure that the corresponding switch colours match that on the new switch to the other switchthen should work ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back