Switched live misidentified - Danger?

Getting back to the lighting problem, are the new kitchen lights low power LED and the lounge much higher powered or a conventional bulb?
Quite likely. The kitchen diner had 3 10w bulbs in each fitting E10 or something if i remeber correctly. The lounge is a chandelier with 4 or 5 larger more standard looking bulbs.
the lounge was on a dimmer originally but as soon as I noticed it was now controlling the kitchen lights i swapped the dimmer for a standard 1 gang switch. To avoid damaging the kitchen lights that were not compatible (buzzed when dimmer controlled them)

Sponsored Links
Quite likely. The kitchen diner had 3 10w bulbs in each fitting E10 or something if i remeber correctly. The lounge is a chandelier with 4 or 5 larger more standard looking bulbs.
the lounge was on a dimmer originally but as soon as I noticed it was now controlling the kitchen lights i swapped the dimmer for a standard 1 gang switch. To avoid damaging the kitchen lights that were not compatible (buzzed when dimmer controlled them)
and do did the kitchen switches do anything?

Last edited:
and do did the kitchen switches do anything?
They did work fine, they had those long halogen lights in originally, I changed them for the new fitting, then only one of them worked off the kitchen switch that time.
Took them down, painted. Re fitted and then neither work of the kitchen switch, but after that fitting the living room controls them.
The livng room also worked fine before the change of lights. Now nothing from light.
I will take the kitchen lights down and photo the wires this morning. Ill probably find one wire not sat in its block correctly or something too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back