Switchmaster 400 central heating programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I am a student and my student house has a switchmaster 400 control box. Thing is - landlord is rather unhelpful and we dont have any instructions for how to use it. There are 4 pegs - 2 green and 2 dark blue which are on a dial (dial represents a 24 hour day). The thing is either on timed, constant or off.

I know the pegs must be used for the timed option but I dont know what the colours mean.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Damn it! We thought one would be on/off but that doesnt happen - it just goes on and off when it feels like it. Still it was worth checking. I think somewhere along the line something is seriously f***** Our landlord will be pleased.

I do environmental sciences - man runing the planet etc etc. It's very cheerful.

Sponsored Links
I have just moved into a flat that has switchmaster 400 timer for the heating and no instructions. The timer has four pegs (2 black/brown and 2 orange). Now I know that they must be for on and off but I can't work out which colour does which. Also, I assume that the operate in the pushed in position??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back