Switchmaster/Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if you could advice me on a switchmaster/programmer for my gas boiler.

I have recently bought a property that has Thorn Olimpic 38/50B boiler instolled. The boiler is working fine and has been serviced annually by British Gas (I have the documents from the previouse owner).

The boiler has a switchmaster SM 600.
I am not happy with the switchmaster as it does not work adequatly (i.e. I need to turn if ON of OFF manually as I can not program it). As a result, I would like to replace it with something better. I have had a look around, but to be honest I am a bit confused what is the best product on the market for this type of boiler.

Thus, I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Many thanks in advance,
Aggie

Sponsored Links
Any programmer you like will do.

T1 will become T4, and T3 will be the same.

Plus the L&N

A little information about the system may be an idea.

Is it fully pumped, gravity hot water, etc

Most of the 2 channel (1 for hw, 2nd for ch) programmers on the link will do you. Price varies according to quality and functions, as a rule. Honeywell, Drayton and Danfoss are usually the preferred options.

Make sure you select one that gives the programming flexibility that suits you for both hw and ch. Things to look for include independent control of hw and ch and 24hr, 5/2 day or 7 day programming.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/full-programmers-c-25_41.html

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. It is much appreciated.

Regarding “doitall’s” response.
I am so sorry but I do not know if the system is fully pumped, gravity hot water ect. I am not an expert in this area, but I am keen to learn. So, where do I look to find this out?
Further, what did you mean when you wrote T1, T4 and T3?

Whitespirit66 thank you so much for the link.

Aggie

Sponsored Links
Regarding “doitall’s” response.
I am so sorry but I do not know if the system is fully pumped, gravity hot water ect. I am not an expert in this area, but I am keen to learn. So, where do I look to find this out?
Further, what did you mean when you wrote T1, T4 and T3?

If the pump doesn't run when the hw is switched on, then the hw is heated via gravity circulation. If the pump runs, it's a fully pumped system
- i.e hw and ch are both pumped.

T1, T4, T3, L&N refers to wiring connections.

Thank you for the reply.
I have now learned something about my central hearing... which is FAB! Thank you....Now I need to choose the programmer...which looks like not so easy job! :(

Once again, thanks for all your responses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back