Flamingo II and Switchmaster problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into my property and have a Flamingo II boiler and Switchmaster 400 programmer and valve. I can't really afford to change them.

The other day the motoriser valve started buzzing and the boiler started clicking and so we switched the boiler off and now have no hot water.

An engineer friend replaced the Switchmaster motoriser valve for a Honeywell V4073A. We have yet to get the boiler started as we followed the 6 to 5 wiring instructions and nothing has happened.

I would like to know if once the valve has been replaced, do I need to get a new programmer or should the Honeywell valve work with the Switchmaster programmer, thermostat and Flamingo II boiler?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It should be OK - if the new valve has been wired correctly AND there are no other faults.

Switchmaster to modern industry-standard valve swaps are alright as long as you have the correct wiring diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back