switchmaster valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a switchmaster midi valve actuator VA1 that has given up
can someone help me to locate another or do i have to change completely
what is compatible with the least amount of work involved :(

Sponsored Links
When Switchmaster were bought out by ACL, ACL, in their wisdom decided to cease production of the VA1. IMO a very stupid commercial move as there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands still out there and at £90 a time for the actuator...... :confused:

That's what happens when accountants not engineers run companies. :rolleyes:

I normally change them for a Honeywell Mid-position valve. Let me know if you need the wiring change details.

These actually went out of production pre 1993 but bits where floating about for years. usually at least one pipe need altering unless thee is a lot of play on it.

The one you will be taking out has 6 wires replacements have 5 or 4

Sponsored Links
I have replaced my 3 port valve with a Honeywell 3 port mid postion and have the situation of orignal 6 wire connection to 5 wire and not working properly.
I have connected the wiring as per a post i found but the central heating when activated turns the boiler on and the pump so that works fine but when i activate the heating side the valve moves but does not tell the boiler to come on. I have a spare black wire that when C/H is on there is zero voltage and when the H/W is activated the voltage is 240vac but having no wire connected i think this is my problem. Does anyone know how this wire is used to turn the boiler on or where i have gone worng please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back