synchro motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
needed to change a synchro motor today on a siemens 2 port motorised valve. got it all set up but the spindle from the driving motor was too short to engage the valve, has anyone else come across this? i thought all synchro motors were the same?

Sponsored Links
They are in this case, your not engaging it proper it will be pushing the rack away

SECO what valves have you found a standard motor wont fit, i have never came across one out of all the makes even those your not meant to change just the motor.
Not saying your wrong ,just asking

Sponsored Links
im trying to find it now i remember having one and i had a motor i took from a honeywell when i tried it the spindle was to short.

just can't think what valve it was.

definately fully engaged, i managed to get it working by washering the back of the new motor to build it up but it looked a bit bodged so have ordered a new top. got the old and new synchro here and there is a 3mm difference in spindle length, bought it from a non english plumbers merchants so is probably imported muck.

Neva had a prob with a standard synchron in a siemens or original landis valve although they are sh@te valves.

is this the siemans valve with the black or the stainless actuator :?:

black plastic. got called back this morning, no hot water. must have accidently disengaged the motor housing whilst working on the heating valve so was just spinning on nothing.

i hate plumbing :cry:

sorry to drag this up from the past but thought i would let any plumbers know who might come up against it.

got the new top for this valve and there was a warning inside saying "if valve that is being replaced has green fixing lugs please remove 2 springs from body" did this and original valve head worked without the clicking

just incase anyone ever comes up against this crappy valve

they just seem to push the housing up from the body and then you pull down the lugs to lock the body to the motor housing.

i fully replaced the central heating valve with a honeywell as the last few ridges had been worn away as the motor was constantly turning on them without engaging fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back