System Boiler and shower pump??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm really confused about what i need to install a shower pump. I have a system boiler with a cold water storage tank in the loft and the hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard in the main bedroom.

My current shower has rubbish water flow and is just a standard mixer coming off the bath taps.
So, i have come to the conclusion that i want to install a shower pump so improve the flow (thinking it will be cheaper than putting in a power shower and new bath taps).
What i dont know is if i have a negative head situation. On the one hand i think no because the cold water is gravity fed but then does it matter if the hot water is not gravity fed?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Sponsored Links
A system boiler has nothing to do with the hot/cold tap water presures. All a system boiler does is provide heat to the radiators and heat the water in the cylinder; the water in the boiler is seperate than the water in the cylinder.

If the cold water cistern is in the loft it is unlikely you will need a negative head pump...check manufacturers specs. for the vertical height required from shower head to cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back