System Boiler Pump Bleed Screw Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a "Main" system boiler and the other day I re-pressurised it and sometime afterwards I noticed it started to drip from underneath.

Having removed the front panel I realised that the drips are coming from a small bleed screw on top of the Grundfos pump. Has anyone had this before? It's only just over a year old. I tried removing the screw and then refitting but it is still dripping whereas before I topped up (only to normal pressure 50% into the green scale) it was fine??

Any ideas how to fix it? I haven't tried any PTFE tape yet as it is a very small screw!

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Drain the boiler & replace it. It should be fairly straight-foward - depending on the Model.

Mr. W.

I think they have an O ring washer in the large bleed screw. Try a new O ring if missing or damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back