System built garage panels/windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I've got a garage that I think is 1950s/1960s in origin. It's made up from a series of posts with panels slid in from the top. I'm considering renovating it and changing where the windows will go etc. From looking at it I'm guessing it's a system built prefab similar to the cornish type houses we used to see around our way.
I was wondering if someone could identify the system used to construct the garage? And if they knew if new panels were available and where so? Ideally some prefab window units that would fit as well.
The outside has been painted by the previous owner and its beginning to flake off. I'm interested in the options for removing the old paint and repainting. So far I've not touched it in case there is asbestos in the panels. The garage has got an asbestos roof that I'll be getting a professional in to remove. The panels are intact so should be straightforward to remove, except that clay ridge tiles have been cemented on. I think removing the ridge tiles (probably damaging the asbestos underneath) will make it a job for a professional.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
George

P1010494.JPG

Sponsored Links
Just simple frames, nothing special made for these concrete panel garages.Easy to make up you own . Wire brush and then coat with masonry paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back