T&E wiring, behind insulated stud walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of initial advice, please.

Decided to internally insulate a solid brick outbuilding as it's freezing in winter... in the process will be needing to move and add more electrical sockets etc, going to use said building for general craft/diy type projects.

I had intended to build studwork attached to walls, and insulate between with 50mm celotex and probably 20mm on top, then board and skim.
There would be around a 20-35mm gap at the back on the rigid insulation.

Is it acceptable for the wiring to be clipped to masonry wall and the cable rating be intact?
I'm reluctant to chase as it's a 3m head height, and this will be a long job as cables will be coming down from roof line.

Could I cover the T&E in plaster/similar to effective bond the cable to the face of the brick or conduit?

I will be getting a spark to sort out the connections, but I had intended to affix the cable, to let me get on the with studwork.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Cable can be clipped to wall. That’s fine. Best to check with your sparky though. He will probably want to confirm your installation method is ok before you cover it over.

he/she is the one who is going to sign for design and installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back