Table Top Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aluminium Folding Table. The Top has warped and Buckled. It is made of Hardboard(?). I have attempted to soak it with water at the back, turn over and put a very heavy concrete ornament on the Front. I left it for a week and the result was OK but it has now lifted again. I am thinking of replacing with maybe a sheet of Perspex or similar. It is the actual fitting I am seeking help for ( how to set it in). You will see from Photos that it's not possible from under the frame. There are however plastic corners. I think these Tables are probably put together under pressure? There are no screws used to hold original Top in. I am not fussed if I have to have a removable top, it's getting it in that's the issue.

Attachments

• 20230721_081618.jpg
    20230721_081618.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230721_081614.jpg
    20230721_081614.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230721_081553.jpg
    20230721_081553.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
Obvious question but It's an outdoor table presumably? What is holding the table top on currently? Pics aren't great tbh.

Yes its an outdoor Table. And Nothing. Literally not even a screw anywhere. This takes me to the plastic pieces set into each corner where the Aluminum sides all meet up. This is why I believe the Frame is set around the top itself. Made by Gopak

I would expect that three sides are made up, the top slid in, then the fourth side put in - the corner plastics being crimped to retain them in place, through the alloy.

Sponsored Links
Is the table top out now? If not I'd think you'll perhaps have to sacrifice it to remove it, then see how the plastic corner mouldings are held in.

Thank you. I'm quite capable of doing some jobs but don't trust myself to remove the Corners and get it back together! The Top has got to come out so when I get to do the replacement I will post a photo.

Thank you. I'm quite capable of doing some jobs but don't trust myself to remove the Corners and get it back together! The Top has got to come out so when I get to do the replacement I will post a photo.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back