Tack cloths

E

EddieM

Bought some tack cloths, but I can only assume they are for woodwork as they leave behind a sticky residue. Can anyone recommend residue free tack cloths?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'd second the uPol ones.

As you have pointed out, the cheapo ones often leave residue behind.

Well, I used them and all I can say is they are awful, sticky mess everywhere. :(

Well, I used them and all I can say is they are awful, sticky mess everywhere. :(

Strange.

I used some yesterday and didn't find them sticky enough. I was using them in a cold garage though. I guess the temperate makes a difference.

BTW I normally use the brush attachment on my vacuum (dust extractor) first, then a dusting brush, then tack cloth, then dusting brush again and then rub my hand over the surface to check for any remaining dust.

When working with 2-pack paints I just use an airgun (the dust isn't sticky).

Hmm, maybe I'll just wipe with a lint free cloth, then wipe with pre paint (panel wipe)

Sorry if this sounds like silly question. Are you brushing/vacuuming off as much dust as possible first?

What are you painting? And which type of paint are you using? And how long are you waiting between coats?

Sorry if this sounds like silly question. Are you brushing/vacuuming off as much dust as possible first?

What are you painting? And which type of paint are you using? And how long are you waiting between coats?

Yeah all brushed off, painting plastic, but not even had 1 coat yet, paint is acrylic, just overly fretting about it as it has to be as close to perfect as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back