Tado connection to Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I am looking to replace current Honeywell 921 wireless programmable room stat with Tado v2 stat.

From reading other posts , I am guessing that only COM and NO needs connecting, however when removing the cover off the Honeywell wireless received, I am kinda lost at that looks to have been wired differently.

Have attached pics of the wireless receiver connections.

For info, I am not going to use the extension as stat in same room as the boiler is fine so wiring tado directly, just want the old man to be able to switch off and on via his phone when he wishes.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9101.JPG
    IMG_9101.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_9099.JPG
    IMG_9099.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 986
Sponsored Links
Looks fairly normal according to the combi wiring option. They just haven't run the permanent live feed to the boiler via the relay box. http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/pa_458227.pdf I'm going to be fitting a a Tado myself when I get new boiler. I guess you got the bargain from O2?

thanks for your reply, how'd you guess on the tado from O2 ;)
Old man has been asked me to get him a phone operated one for ages so was the perfect opportunity to keep him happy.
Do you know which ones do would still need to go to COM and NO on the tado? The rest I can park.

I'm an avid hotukdeals follower so bagged one for my new install - I'm fitting the extension kit too. It is just the wires on A & B that you connect to the Common and NO. they are dry contacts so doesn't matter which way.

Sponsored Links
I'm an avid hotukdeals follower so bagged one for my new install - I'm fitting the extension kit too. It is just the wires on A & B that you connect to the Common and NO. they are dry contacts so doesn't matter which way.

Hotukdeals has saved us a fortune, however at times the addiction gets me buying things I don't really need, lol.

I have the extension at my place, usually can be picked up on the old bay for around £50.

Thanks for the advice, so no Live needed right?

The Tado will need a live and neutral to power it, just like the relay box it is replacing - I take it you have downloaded the install instructions with wiring info. Yes I got the extension off flee bay paid about £58 as they were obviously being snapped up by O2 tado buyers !

The Tado will need a live and neutral to power it, just like the relay box it is replacing - I take it you have downloaded the install instructions with wiring info. Yes I got the extension off flee bay paid about £58 as they were obviously being snapped up by O2 tado buyers !

yes, the instructions (attached) just show 2/3 wires. NC is only rarely used I read.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 421

Scratch that - of course the thermostat bit is battery powered duh, so no mains wiring required. Just the Common and NO.

Scratch that - of course the thermostat bit is battery powered duh, so no mains wiring required. Just the Common and NO.

lol, I was thinking that, but get why you mentioned as extension kit needs power
thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back