Tado extension installation on baxi-duo-tec 28HEA Combi - wiring question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tado have sent me some personalised instructions to install the extension kit into my baxi-duo-tec 28HEA Combi. Having looked at the terminal block Tado are asking me to to connect the blue to N, Brown to 1 and grey to 2 in the terminal box. All good so far as for Brown to 1 and grey to 2 this is not a problem (see attached) pic. However, I've attached the pics of the page of my baxi manual which deals with connecting external controls and a room stat. In there it says clearly the live, neutral and earth must be taken from the fused spur (see pic of the fused spur). The neutral in the terminal box is already occupied and runs to the fused spur box.

When I questioned this Tado responded with:

I can assure you that the installation instructions you have received are correct and the Extension Kit is powered by the 230V switched signal. Therefore there is no need to power it externally.

Yes, you can attach two wires to the same terminal.

Any advice on their advice especially two neutral wires running off the same terminal! Not touching anything until I'm sure!

Sponsored Links
Any advice on their advice especially two neutral wires running off the same terminal!
That's fine and exactly how it is done. If you were to take the wire back to the N at the fused spur instead, you would then have two wires in the same terminal in there instead.

TI can assure you that the installation instructions you have received are correct and the Extension Kit is powered by the 230V switched signal. Therefore there is no need to power it externally.

Your boiler does indeed provide a 230V 'Live' which is supplied from the fused spur via internal boiler wiring.

Capture.PNG

I can't comment on anything else as you only give part of the wiring information.

Hi Stem, thanks so much for answering my questions you've cleared that up. Just double checked again with Tado as well. Thought I'd post as could help someone in the future as well. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell is it correct for baxi boiler for tado extension

Attachments

• 0DC6412E-F421-43D0-A937-4C4000A2BFCA.jpeg
    0DC6412E-F421-43D0-A937-4C4000A2BFCA.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 970
Don't you have an existing programmer? The Tado extension fits right onto the standard programmer backplate. Just remember to set the jumper for potential free/240v switching.

Don't you have an existing programmer? The Tado extension fits right onto the standard programmer backplate. Just remember to set the jumper for potential free/240v switching.
I don’t have thermostat in my home so bought extension kit for control the hot water

Attachments

• B32BBF0D-5977-4865-A20D-ECE1EF98DC53.jpeg
    B32BBF0D-5977-4865-A20D-ECE1EF98DC53.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 517
The wiring diagram below is correct, as you can see, it matches what you have. Remove the yellow link and then wire the terminals to the Tado terminals 1 and 4, it doesn't matter which way around they go.

As drawn, it's wired up as the potential free version. Make sure the jumper is in the correct position as shown, and the boilers integral clock is set to be permanently 'on', otherwise it can interfere with the operation of the Tado.

bought extension kit for control the hot water
The Hot water control facility is provided for systems that have a hot water cylinder that is heated up according to a timed schedule. If you don't have one, you don't need it. Combi's provide instantaneous hot water when a tap is turned on, there is nothing that needs any time control, and if you don't have a hot water cylinder with motorised valve, there is nothing you can wire it up to.

Last edited:
All done working good thanks for the help

Attachments

• 44832466-B70B-466A-814A-68AA8ACEF625.jpeg
    44832466-B70B-466A-814A-68AA8ACEF625.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 5B72D187-83EE-446A-9761-AB48ECE485F4.jpeg
    5B72D187-83EE-446A-9761-AB48ECE485F4.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,126

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back