Tado remote thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have installed tado remote Smart thermostat to my baxi boiler. Everything seems to talk to each part and I have the app on my phone but when I try and raise the temperature of the thermostat the heating does not come on. I'm wondering whether I have wired the extension kit (receiver) to the boiler correctly. Any ideas?

This is a photo from the Baxi boiler installation guide
20170413_203819_zpsefyouzpv.jpg

And this is from the Tado installation guide
20170413_203829_zpseynbxnam.jpg

I have no idea whether it should be potential free or switched live. Basically I have a 4 core cable supplied with the tado extension kit and have no idea which cores to connect where. the cores are brown, blue, black and grey.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
well if you don't have a clue why are you going to try and install it ? i likes the duotec (y)

This is one of those cases where if you are asking for hand hold for a simple thing like what you want to achieve, best advice is to get someone in to connect the unit

By the way, if you still go ahead, figure 2 connection will need careful thinking.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.
I'm assuming the live and neutral are the same for the boiler and receiver. The other 2 cores I'm not sure about. If using connection 2 there are separate connections for heating on and off and hot water on and off

Sorry, there was an error in my previous drawing. Unfortunately you saw it before I corrected it.

I'm assuming the live and neutral are the same for the boiler and receiver.

Yes

The other 2 cores I'm not sure about. If using connection 2 there are separate connections for heating on and off and hot water on and off

Use 1 and 4 as above for the heating.

Why do you need hot water control, it's a combi isn't it?

It's for the extension box. The one you have posted in your second photograph!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back