Tado with Greenstar combi 30si mk4 installation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on installing tado wireless thermostat with Greenstar combi 30si mk4.
At the moment we have Boss BPS242 wired thermostat which I would like to replace with tado wireless.
Attached photo of current wiring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_141040.jpg
    IMG_20220213_141040.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
So, I believe that the Boss BPS242 terminals are as below.

76013979.jpg

Some are battery operated and may not have the N and L terminals. If that is the case a new N and L will need to be run to the Tado receiver. This should come via the same 3A fused connection unit as the boiler.

aa.JPG

You don't give the details of the TADO, so I assume you are using a wireless receiver like the one below for your wireless thermostat. So, the terminals for that are:

Tado.JPG

The BPS242 utilises 'potential free' switching, so the wires move from the terminals at the BPS242 to the terminals at the TADO that have exactly the same function, and the Tado is set for potential free switching

Boss N = Tado N
Boss L = Tado L
Boss LX = Tado COM (1)
Boss L1 = Tado NO (4)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back