Tail Light Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I have been having a problem with my tail lights for a little while now and cannot seem to uncover the problem. The reverse lights and brake lights work fine. The fuse to the tail lights is fine, and the bulbs have JUST been replaced. I am thinking it's a wiring problem, since there's nothing else that can be directly related to it... Is there something I'm not thinking of?

Thanks,
Stu

Sponsored Links
Have you got a double filliment bulb in the wrong way round?
Are all the earths good?

@wotan: I'm not sure if I have them the wrong way around, I'll have to check. And what do you mean when you ask if the Earths are good? Do you mean grounding wires?

@gregers: The vehicle is a 1990 Acura Integra

Sponsored Links
grounding wires, yes. were in britain, so things could be slightly diffferent, like.................... we have more immigrants than you, why is that? :)

we have more immigrants than you, why is that? :)

Not that it has anything to do with tail lights, but immigration to the United States has been averaging 1.8 million per year, whereas immigration to the UK in recent years has been:

2003 143,845
2004 147,700
2005 189,545
2006 143,205 (Source)

we have more immigrants than you, why is that? :)

Not that it has anything to do with tail lights, but immigration to the United States has been averaging 1.8 million per year, whereas immigration to the UK in recent years has been:

2003 143,845
2004 147,700
2005 189,545
2006 143,205 (Source)

so another 143,205 to the states wouldn't really make a difference :cool:

some sort of mental defect leading to an obsession with foreigners and leading to untrue claims?

Anyway, back on topic.

Get a multi-meter / electrical tester and first test there is power getting to the switch, then work your way back to the lights until you find the point where you're getting no power

the bulbs have JUST been replaced.
I can't help suspecting the wrong type of bulbs have been fitted. Single filament bulbs and dual-filament bubs have contacts in different positions.

There is also a possibility a connector has been disturbed or wrongly fitted.

I would poke into the lampholder to test if current is getting there, and also test the bulbs to see if they work

Sponsored Links
Back