Tail Threads On Monobloc Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are they all one size? I want to change the tap on a basin, but the new one has come with metal flexible hose tails. I ASSUME the hose ones on the new tap will unscrew? If so, and they are one size, I can reuse the existing ones. I've never seen different sizes, but just checking.

Thanks

CG

Sponsored Links
Not going into the tap, no, usually M10 or M12 (I think). If you’re on about the bottom connection, then it’s either 1/2” female thread, or 15mm compression nut and olive.

Edited: I would just use the new ones, otherwise you’ll have to screw the existing ones off and then onto new tap.

Cheers both. I have a reason, when I fitted the existing sink n tap (wall hung all exposed underneath, I fitted it really tight... I was hoping for a like for like sizing deal. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Not going into the tap, no, usually M10 or M12 (I think). If you’re on about the bottom connection, then it’s either 1/2” female thread, or 15mm compression nut and olive.

3/8 in BSP is quite common these days on female end of Flexi tap connectors Chris.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Feedback...

Spent ages trying the old chromed pipes/tails, which fitted fine in the end. But they were too short by a mile, so I went back to the flexi tails. All sorted, no leaks. Cheers all.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back