Taking back control? Foreign state owned companies to build our Nuclear Reactors

Sponsored Links
Breaking News:
They also build our cars, washing machines, watches, furniture, underpants and chocolate bars. And a few other things to boot.

Which British chocolate brand is now owned by a foreign government?

Sponsored Links
Breaking News:
They also build our cars, washing machines, watches, furniture, underpants and chocolate bars. And a few other things to boot.

So you missed the point staring you - no surprise. If foreign public sector organisations can bid for and run UK industries then why is the UK public sector denied the same opportunity - for example the Railways?

How is this taking back control?

I thought 'take back control' was a Brexit leave slogan, nothing to do with nationalisation.

however since you mention it, doesnt the EU make renationalisation of industries or infrastructure difficult?

difficult

What difficulty do you know of that makes it difficult for an organisation to be owned by the British government, but not difficult to be owned by the French, Chinese, German or Dutch government?

First off, and no I cannot prove this, money goes into pockets. Secondly our manufacturers, such as we have since Thatcher took an axe to most of our heavy industry, cannot be arsed and those that can be arsed ask for too much money. Thirdly, our present government and from what I can see no future government, has the guts to stand up and revitalise our industry. We will still be dependent on countries like Germany for any heavy products and if we ever do leave the EU they will punish us with punitive pricing. Bottom line is if we are to survive as a world power, and we are nothing like at the moment, we need a decisive, dynamic and forward looking government. I do hope we leave the EU but by damn it is going to be tough, bloody tough, for the next ten to twenty years at least and I cannot see anyone in government or close to government that can pull this country out the ****.

I thought 'take back control' was a Brexit leave slogan, nothing to do with nationalisation.

however since you mention it, doesnt the EU make renationalisation of industries or infrastructure difficult?

No. Not even the latest Fourth Railway Package. EU concern is more around state aid rather than blocking re nationalisation. German municipalities have taken over control of utilities.

First off, and no I cannot prove this, money goes into pockets. Secondly our manufacturers, such as we have since Thatcher took an axe to most of our heavy industry, cannot be arsed and those that can be arsed ask for too much money. Thirdly, our present government and from what I can see no future government, has the guts to stand up and revitalise our industry. We will still be dependent on countries like Germany for any heavy products and if we ever do leave the EU they will punish us with punitive pricing. Bottom line is if we are to survive as a world power, and we are nothing like at the moment, we need a decisive, dynamic and forward looking government. I do hope we leave the EU but by damn it is going to be tough, bloody tough, for the next ten to twenty years at least and I cannot see anyone in government or close to government that can pull this country out the ****.

So disaster capitalism then - the middle classes and poor won't benefit from that.

Sponsored Links
Back